Monday, November 25, 2013

Halloween 2013

Pin It


I love Halloween! My love for this ghoulish holiday was rekindled  after I had Julian. My husband and I have always loved to dress up, not always agreeing on the costume but always having a great time. Once Julian came in the picture, our (my) focus on couples costumes shifted to family/trio costumes; and since saving money is my middle name, making our own costumes is key!

This year I  had lots of ideas floating around in my head. But not until my husband suggested the most original ( in my humble opinion lol) one did I know it was the one.  For the second year in a row ( duh, Julian is only two) I had two costumes for Julian; one for school and one for home. Usually the “ home ” costume has incorporated items he might lose at school and the “ home “ costume is usually more fun for us adults than for his school mates.
Costume Number 1 the "Kid Friendly costume"…. SUPER WHY!  






Besides the giraffes, favorite thing at the zoo. Dipping Dots!!

This is Julian’s favorite show at the moment. It’s a cute cartoon on the PBS network about a boy superhero with the power to read. I was originally going to DIY  it but when I found an amazing deal online I knew I couldn’t pass it up.
Our plan was also to dress up along with him as the corresponding sidekicks ; Alpha Pig & Wonder Red but almost no one without kids would have a clue who we where.

We took him to our local zoo for the annual “ZooBoo” a really fun event Halloween event .


… and this was also his costume at school and for trick-o-treating, it goes with saying, Super Why got worn a whole lot in the month of October.
 










Costume number two, the "Fun Family costume"…   Flo, Mayhem, and Professor Nathaniel Burke { Insurance spokespeople} Corny? Nerdy? Maybe… but defiantly creative (LOL)








he was a hit, (literally)






here with one of my bestfriends, Pregnant Lori (walking dead)


Our picture even made the front page of our local news website, but what I was most excited about was how many times our picture was re-pinned on Pintrest. It was pinned over 200 times ( it might not seem like a lot to you but with someone with only 50 followers that was huge!!!) every notification that dinged on my phone literally made me so happy { i know i'm such a dork }



What did you and your family dress as this year for Halloween?

Hope you enjoyed

Love,
Rie`

*** I’m sorry the majority of the photos were taken with my phone***

No comments:

Post a Comment